Sunday, October 2, 2016

Research for Bullet Journal Page

Ancestor of Capt. George Denison
(Where Did He Come From?)
 Find My Past Adventure
Bullet Journaling Project
Post #2

After finding this index and image record, I asked permission of Find My Past to blog about it. They kindly said I could. (re: Alexandra Edmondson Content Writer (US) aedmondson@findmypast.com)

The current Denison genealogy lists John Denyson as the "earliest known ancestor", with his son William (Capt. George's father). William and his wife and three youngest sons (Daniel, Edward and George came to America.) 

Where did he come from? Solved.

  • Index does indeed say, Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire, England (at St. Michael's)



Denison Genealogy, p. xxi


Screen Shot of Index Page (found at Find My Past)
search term: John Denyson)

Hertfordshire Burials Transcription found at Find My Past
 Parish Register Record at Find My Past

I put a blue arrow to show the line number of the burial of John Denyson. John Denyson was buried "unreadable" day of December (p). Notice the next line says "6 day of December".  
  • index reads 4 December
  • image next line says 6 December
  • Does the "p" at the end of the line indicate it was a plague burial?


This is a great find but still with unanswered questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment