Friday, October 14, 2016

Along for the Journey Project: Post 2

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2011

Along for the Journey Project

Post 2

I learned so much about the process of genealogy research by deciding to join the Mayflower Society, that it changed how I did research from the first application I submitted. 

I took this photo (above) of the materials in proof packet which I mailed along with an application for my husband's Alden line in 2011. Hubs Soule and Alden lines shared some documents, so I included them in this packet, mailed them off and continued to work on his Soule application. 

Jay Lucas of the Massachusetts Mayflower Society worked closely with me. Even though I has done my own lines prior to this time, I learned a lot from him. 

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2016
For this project, I am starting with preparing to photocopy, scan and protect the certificates and the applications. I have a good head start on this, as last year, I bought archival envelopes and put all in my papers in an archival safe box. (previous project materials) I discovered that I had to purchase larger envelopes than I used for my photographs.


For my bullet journal (#bujo), I am going create a page which lists what Mayflower passengers we have as a family, and then make a task list of what I have to accomplish on another page.

No comments:

Post a Comment