Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Blogging

Mr. Highly Caffeinated, photo by Midge Frazel, 2015

Summer in the Blogging World
Today, hubs (shown here) and I ventured out in the world so I could go to Kohl's and get my Red, White and Blue clothes to wear to the party my daughter and son-in-law are having on the 4th of July. On the way, we stop for coffee. Here in New England, we take our coffee very seriously. This cups hold 64 oz. and that might make me so wired, I wouldn't be able to write.

On the way there, I thought about my summer blogging goals. I finally finished the first two chapters of Elizabeth Shown Mills new edition of Evidence Explained. I think about how great it would have been to have some of the wonderful new books in my library when I was starting out as a genealogist. It is a great time of year to be out in the cemetery or sitting on the porch and reading. 

Setting goals is still a rather new idea and so is keeping a research journal. I think they help a lot. I am grateful to all of my Facebook friends who come to each others rescue when help is needed. 

In education this is called successful practice, and sharing great ideas is what makes being alive today wonderful.  I will be working on my index card project for my cemeteries and gravestones a little at a time. I will share what I think works and what doesn't.

Have you seen the new Ink Joy pens that have a soft tip stylus end? I bought two packages!


Tools of the trade, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment