Saturday, May 16, 2015

Reading, Writing and Caffeine

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2015
Reading, Writing and Caffeine

Like the 3Rs (reading, writing and arithmetic), reading, writing and caffeine seem to go together, especially in the summer. 

I spent some of last Sunday on Mother's Day doing just that. I am calling this a "flip-flop-selfie" photo.

I have been working with this book all week, having read the previous version some time ago. I highlight and write in my books and it helps me remember or gather my ideas before I write a blog post. As this is a more casual blog, I just scribble down ideas, keywords, and find a photo to match. This is not really a research driven blog but I can change that at anytime.

That's what I love about writing blog-style, the lack of hard and fast rules and it has made me a better writer. I used to write scientifically and it was soooooo boring. (It's not like I was going to get that published. Right.)

I found in the text of this book, a sketch example of one of my own ancestors. I suppose it must be published in the NEHGS Register so I am going to have to go look for it. 

Hubs is back with the coffee. Must get highly caffeinated so I can take notes on what I read. I found something I was looking for in this book and I want to make sure I understand it. Did I miss it in an earlier edition?

No comments:

Post a Comment