Sunday, July 14, 2019

Wool Comes from Sheep

Wool by Beth, 2019

Last week, I thought about wool. It suddenly dawned on me that one of my Facebook friends who loves gravestones is a farmer! I asked her if she would take a couple of photos of wool. This Schofield/Scholfield project wouldn't be complete without it. Her name is Beth and she lives in Ohio. She tells me that she and her hubby have 370 ewes that they breed. That's a lot of wool.

They also have cattle and crops of corn and soybeans. Her great photos (shared to me via Facebook) will add a lot to my project. Thanks so much Beth.

There are always struggles when you are researching and when I looked at the History of Montville (CT) by Baker I found the names spelled quite nicely in this list:

History of Montville, page 500
My great grandmother spelled it in the most simple of ways. SCHOFIELD. I thought that was all I was going to need to know. Wasn't I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment