Saturday, July 13, 2019

Spectacle Maker or Clothier?

Spectacle Maker or Clothier?

Internet Archive. org  Genealogical and Biographical Record of
New London County Connecticut
J.H.. Beers& Co. 1905

In this genealogical and biographical book, I have found many of my ancestors from Connecticut. It is not scanned perfectly, so I asked my friend Dorothy Hanna to look in the library and send my a clean photocopy. She mailed it to me so that I could work on this line. The above snip is from the Internet Archive, just so you can see that it states that Arthur was a "spectacle maker". If he did do that it was not claimed as an occupation because all three records I have found of his marriage to Sarah state that he is a clothier. 

It is always good to do a reasonably exhaustive search looking for records. By the way, he was 20 years at marriage and she was a spinster at 24. I have not found any evidence of the amount of money he left his children. Records like the Cheshire Marriage License and Bonds and the Boyd's marriage index at Find my Past do not give me anything but clothier as an occupation and still list no parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment