Sunday, March 20, 2016

Close to Home: Four of a Kind

My Dad's Family from the Family Collection of Hannah (Champlin) Broadfoot and William Broadfoot
privately held by Midge Frazel, 2016
Four of a Kind
Happy (Sentimental) Easter

My father had three siblings; two sisters and a brother. This photo shows everyone except my father and this is a photo I had not seen before. I am guessing that it might be Easter Sunday and one that, like this year, was celebrated in March or early April because they look so cold standing outside. My cousin has her hands pulled up in her sleeves and the adult men have overcoats on. I think they are ready for church.


Ada is the lady to the far left standing next to her husband, George. Next is Annie standing next to her brother Bill and Annie's husband Jack is on the far right. I am guessing this is the later 1940s. The children are Ada and George's and that's why this post is a part of Ada's story.

One of the best things about the photos I inherited are the group photos of the four siblings. I will always wonder why my Dad didn't get copies of these photos.

Happy Easter, 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment