Sunday, June 7, 2015

Straining to Hear


iHome Compact Speaker, photo by Midge Frazel, 2015


Straining to Hear

I bought this little "pop-up" speaker to use with my small technology (like my iPad mini 3 and my iPhone) and put it in my Christmas stocking bag. I tested it in January and I was amazed at the power of the sound and the quality too.


My aging Windows 7 desktop computer was not very expensive and has been a workhorse for the past 5 years. It doesn't have a wireless card and it doesn't have powerful speakers. 

I solved the lack of speakers by purchasing wireless headphones and they are great. I don't like wearing them for several hours at a time. Yesterday, while listening to the streaming sessions, I wish I'd had stronger sound.

This morning, I suddenly remembered my portable speaker. It expands (think "pop-up") and fits nicely on top of my CPU. I plugged the USB end into the front port (red arrow) and plugged the headphone jack into the headphone port located next to the USB ports on the front (pink double headed arrow). Then I flipped the switch on the speaker to the ON position and the on light glows.

Plugging the USB into that port charges the speaker. There are no batteries.

The mini USB jack fits into the speaker (blue arrow). 

I am no longer straining to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment