Thursday, July 11, 2019

Wild and Wooley English Ancestors

Scholfield Ancestors

Where is Saddleworth, England?
Photo by Midge Frazel, 10 July 2019

The majority of my English ancestors have been studied for many, many years by the Family Societies that I have joined. This surname is one that I have not found a society for. In 2014, a woman who was a docent contacted me because she was doing research about the wool industry. Her name was Gail L. Ralston and she was kind enough to send me the paper she wrote (2004-2007) and articles I probably would never have found.  One is from the Smithsonian Institution, "The Scholfield Wool-Carding Machines" by Grace L. Rogers.

When I picked this line up again, I found that maps are starting to appear at Ancestry.com. You might want to look at your tree to see if you have one. I put an arrow pointing to the word Saddleworth on the map.




Ancestry.com 4 July 2019 Arthur Scholefield of Saddleworth, England

No comments:

Post a Comment