Friday, July 1, 2016

Del's Week: For Grownup Fun

The Highly Caffeinated Genealogist Presents:
 Del's Week
A Story of Home that Lives On...
For Grownup Fun

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2014-2015
Today is my daughter and son-in-laws wedding anniversary, so we get to toast them each year with our Del's raised! 

A few years ago, she called me to say that some vodka slipped into her Del's and so she thought she invented a new drink to which I replied that Del's and liquor have been a good mix since before I was born. It is a good family story.

Del's and Narraganset Beer makes a Shandy flavor which I have only tasted once and went back to lemonade but it is quite popular with her friends and much to their surprise I wanted photos of them holding their cans! 

The next photo was taken when we got home from our first, on purpose, visit back to Cranston, Rhode Island in 2014 where we lunched with Diane Boumenot of One Rhode Island Family and shopped at Garden City. Photos are here.

Diane's blog is wonderful if you have ancestors that lived in Rhode Island. 

After our adventure, this is hubs is enjoying his drink and holding out another cup of Del's for me. A fun memory for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment